These meat hens are processed at 1 1/2 lbs. Each is an individual serving. Recipe is for 2 people.
4 carrots peeled and evenly chopped
4 celery stalks (coarsely chopped)
1 yellow onion sliced
5 sprigs rosemary
3 cloves minced garlic (optional)
2 Cornish Game Hens (thawed, rinsed and patted dry inside and out)
1 Tbsp Sea Salt
1 Tbsp Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Smoked Paprika
2-3 Tbsp Parsley
2 Tbsp Butter sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Spread chopped vegetables and rosemary in bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
3. Rub olive oil lightly over hens and set aside.
4. In a bowl mix together spices. Sprinkle generously over hens, being sure to season the inside cavity as well. (To maximize the flavor, double the spices and let marinate for 3 hours.)
5. Place hens on top of bed of vegetables.
6. Run your fingers under the skin to loosen it. Place a slice of butter under the skin of each hen. Tie the legs together with string or foil.
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Let hens rest 15 minutes before serving.